Manx Bonnag recipe
How to make Manx bonnag the Laxey Mills way
- 225g Laxey Glen Mills Soda Bread Flour (Bob’s Red Mill does a version)
- 50g caster sugar
- 110g sultanas
- 110g margarine
- 140mls (1/4 pint) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Rub the margarine into the flour.
- Add the sugar and saltanas.
- Beat the egg and buttermilk together and add to the mixture and beat well.
- Shape into a round loaf shape and score a cross on the top.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour at 180°C.
Want to know more about Bonnag?